Location: Maidstone, Kent, UK
We are a medical devices company based in Maidstone, making novel high-tech scanners for use in diagnosing skin cancer. The technology is Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT), which produces an image similar to ultrasound but using laser light rather than sound. The company was founded 10 years ago and is now in the commercialization phase of bringing this interesting new product to the market. The R&D team continues to improve the machine and is working with researchers to extend its use into other areas.
Junior Software Developer
£20,000-£30,000 per year salary
Hours & Days
37.5 hours per week, Mon-Fri
25 days paid leave
We are looking for a candidate to develop medical software at a commercial level.
This will involve
- Following requirements,
- Follow and/or suggest designs,
- Implement code,
- Implement test code and
- Write documentation
as part of a small team that will report back to the software team leader.
The fields of development are
- GUI development
- Business logic
- Interfacing with SQL database
- Interfacing with hardware
All code is currently written in C#.
Python and Batch-file scripting is used as part of the development infrastructure.
Other languages or technologies may be introduced at any time.
No knowledge beyond C# is required, but a strong “will to learn” is expected.
In the future…
Depending on future business requirements there might be opportunities to write code in C++.
There is also a chance for web-based development in the future.
The candidate may have just finished a university degree and/or had a few years of commercial experience.
- Good understanding of Object Oriented Development (C# or similar, e.g. Python, Java, Objective-C…)
- A person with a general interest in a variety of technologies and programming languages rather than someone focused on a single expertise
- Some basic experience in GUI development and/or database development
- Familiarity with unit testing and/or end-to-end testing
- Experience in Agile Development