Enhanced Treatment Capabilities
- Visualization of unclear micro-anatomy and pathology
- Real-time feedback on procedure progress
Elevated Patient Interactions
- Effective communication-, consultation tool between physician and patient regarding pathology and skin health
- Documentation of therapy and healing process
“OCT will be the greatest addition to the laser clinician’s armamentarium against scars since the fractional ablative laser. Also, for proliferative vascular disease and non-melanoma skin cancer, VivoSight will advance management through better assessment capabilities and treatment guidance”. Jill Waibel, MD | Miami, FL
VivoSight Imaging Enhances Patient Benefits and Confidence
Scar Revision Procedures
- Avoid over or undertreatment of scars
- The extent of a scar is not completely visible and scar depth can vary greatly even for flat scars
- VivoSight can measure scar depth allowing laser treatment parameters to be adjusted to optimize results. Images courtesy of Waibel
Safety and Risk Management
- Intra-operative use of OCT to guide full-field (very) deep ablation in perioral area
- During full-field perioral resurfacing, deep wrinkles may still be visible after several passes. Images courtesy of Pozner, MD
Increase Treatment Effectiveness
- Vivosight vascular measurements allow for a more targeted vessel treatment.
- Large vessel resistant to treatment (far left, middle). The vessel diameter and depth was measured from the OCT image (top right).
- Based on this data, laser settings were selected to target the specific depth and diameter of the vessel resulting in complete clearance both clinically (2nd left) and confirmed with OCT (bottom right). Images courtesy of Pozner. MD
Precision Treatment with Precision Scanning
Aesthetic treatments can often be a challenge without the ability to see the whole picture. VivoSight provides an opportunity to evolve from estimate-driven to data-driven therapy.
1. Kislevitz M, Akgul Y, Wamsley C, Hoopman J, Kenkel J. Use of Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) in Aesthetic Skin Assessment—A Short Review. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine, Jan 2020
2. Schuh S., Welzel J. (2020) OCT-Guided Laser Treatment and Surgery. In: Bard R. (eds) Image Guided Dermatologic Treatments. Springer, Cham
3. Waibel JS, Rudnick AC, Wulkan AJ, Holmes JD. The Diagnostic Role of Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) in Measuring the Depth of Burn and Traumatic Scars for More Accurate Laser Dosimetry: Pilot Study. J Drugs Dermatol. 2016 Nov 1;15(11):1375-1380.
4. Waibel J.S., Holmes J., Hecht H., Rudnick A. (2020) OCT Image-Guided Treatment of Scars. In: Bard R. (eds) Image Guided Dermatologic Treatments. Springer, Cham
5. Ring HC, Mogensen M, Hussain AA, Steadman N, Banzhaf C, Themstrup L, Jemec GB. Imaging of collagen deposition disorders using optical coherence tomography. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2015 May;29(5):890-8
6. Ud-Din S, Foden P, Stocking K, Mazhari M, Al-Habba S, Baguneid M, McGeorge D, Bayat A. Objective assessment of dermal fibrosis in cutaneous scarring, using optical coherence tomography, high-frequency ultrasound and immunohistomorphometry of human skin. Br J Dermatol. 2019 Oct;181(4):722-732.
7. Waibel JS, Holmes J, Rudnick A, Woods D, Kelly KM. Angiographic optical coherence tomography imaging of hemangiomas and port wine birthmarks. Lasers Surg Med. 2018 Mar 22
8. Christman MP, Feng H, Holmes J, Geronemus RG. Treating port wine stain birthmarks using dynamic optical coherence tomography-guided settings. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2019 Aug 19.
Explore the research and clinical applications for VivoSight
Advance Your Research and Development Programs
VivoSight Dx in combination with VivoTools image analysis software visualizes and quantifies treatment effects.
See the Whole Picture to Improve Outcomes
VivoSight Dx produces high resolution imaging and measurement of skin sub-structures and vascular networks to aid in patient care