VivoSight Imaging in Laser Assisted Drug Delivery 
- VivoSight identifies laser channels as black ablation defects in epidermis and upper dermis, surrounded by a characteristic pattern of hyper- and hyporeflective zones
- OCT visualizes heterogeneous material in the lower part of open laser channels, indicating tissue fluid
- In-vivo imaging of gradual spatiotemporal closure of laser channel over time
Microneedles & Transdermal Applications
See “APPLICATIONS –> Research –> Microneedles & Transdermal Applications” for more information.
1. Haedersdal M, Erlendsson AM, Paasch U, Anderson RR. Translational medicine in the field of ablative fractional laser assisted drug delivery: a critical review from basics to current clinical status. J Am Acad Dermatol 2016;74(5): 981–1004.
2. Sklar LR, Burnett CT, Waibel JS, Moy RL, Ozog DM. Laser assisted drug delivery: a review of an evolving technology. Lasers Surg Med. 2014 Apr;46(4):249-62. doi: 10.1002/lsm.22227.
3. Banzhaf CA, Wind BS, Mogensen M, Meesters AA, Paasch U, Wolkerstorfer A, Haedersdal M. Spatiotemporal Closure of Fractional Laser-Ablated Channels Imaged by Optical Coherence Tomography and Reflectance Confocal Microscopy, Lasers Surg Med. 2016 Feb;48(2):157-65
4. Fuchs CSK, Ortner VK, Mogensen M, Philipsen PA, Haedersdal M. Transfollicular delivery of gold microparticles in healthy skin and acne vulgaris, assessed by in vivo reflectance confocal microscopy and optical coherence tomography. Lasers Surg Med. 2019 Mar 5. doi: 10.1002/lsm.23076.
5. Bloom BS, Brauer JA, Geronemus RG. Ablative fractional resurfacing in topical drug delivery: an update and outlook. Dermatol Surg. 2013 Jun;39(6):839-48. doi: 10.1111/dsu.12111.
Explore the research and clinical applications for VivoSight
Advance Your Research and Development Programs
VivoSight Dx in combination with VivoTools image analysis software visualizes and quantifies treatment effects.
See the Whole Picture to Improve Outcomes
VivoSight Dx produces high resolution imaging and measurement of skin sub-structures and vascular networks to aid in patient care